Issues with pictures. I will post and hopefully add photos soon.
So I made a little skirt. It’s upcycled from kids jeans with holes in the knees, and then a fabric from my stash. The fabric I chose for this project was originally cut out for the bottom of an empire waist blouse. The fabric in the skirt was supposed to be the bottom of the shirt. But I never made it.
As this was my first little upcycled skirt, I made some mistakes of course. Where you cut the denim to make the skirt top, is above where the pocket sacks hang. I accidentally sliced one pocket off. As if that wasn’t bad enough, I then serged it to the bum in the seam instead of flat to the front. So the pocket was all twisted to the back.
Stitch ripping time!!!
Now that it is all said and done I am very happy with the end result. The best news of all is that I posted it to my facebook page and I have a friend who wants it for her daughter.
When you sew something, and someone actually wants it. THE BEST EVER.
One more thing. This is my blog. These are my stories. I used to work at a really fun place called CP Distributors, when I only had one child. Imagine that!!! Every now and then for crazy fun and team moral they would have a theme day. The theme was hawaiian shirt day. So I ran out and bought this fabric. Of course the night before the big day. I took it home after work, washed and dried it, as I always pre shrink everything, and at 9 o’clock at night I began to cut it out. I ran out of steam as the pattern for my hawaiian shirt had a lot of fussy pieces. I still own the pattern. I was trying to be more tropical than hawaiian. So I borrowed a shirt from a neighbor’s hubby and threw the cut out pieces into my bottomless pit of unfinished business.
I am thrilled to finally make something beautiful and functional out of my failed hawaiian shirt attempt.